Sport Aberdeen is a registered charity committed to creating opportunities, inspiring people and changing lives through sport and physical activity.
This means that we don’t pay bonuses or dividends to any shareholders and any surpluses we make are invested back into providing our services for the people who live and work in the city of Aberdeen.
We deliver sport and physical activity services on behalf of Aberdeen City Council. This includes:
- 6 swimming pools
- 9 sports centres
- 1 ice rink
- 3 golf facilities
We also work in conjunction with a range of other partners, including sports clubs, Police Scotland, NHS Scotland, sportscotland and National Governing Bodies of Sport.
Purpose, Vision & Values
Our Vision is to "Inspiring people, creating opportunities and changing lives through sport and physical activity."
Our mission is to become the leading innovative sport and leisure trust striving for excellence in the North East of Scotland helping to make Aberdeen a successful, active and healthy city.
We will achieve this by becoming:
- YOUR Brand of Choice - By providing value for money sport and physical activity opportunities that are accessible for all, providing high quality customer services
- YOUR Provider of Choice - By providing a flexible business model with the capacity for growth and diversification
- YOUR Employer of Choice -By providing an environment that successfully attracts, develops and retains talent
- YOUR Partner of Choice - By being trusted and highly regarded, with a reputation for delivering innovative, creative and joined up solutions
Our Values underpin everything that we do:
- Customer Focused: placing our customers at the heart of our services;
- Valuing our Staff: recognising staff are key to the company’s success we will equip staff with the skills that they need, so that they uphold the company’s standards and represent it positively in our local communities;
- Excellence: committed to continuous improvement as part of our aim of delivering excellence in all that we do;
- Innovation: being innovative and enterprising as a means of identifying solutions and developing our business;
- Inclusive: we will provide equality of opportunity and inclusive access to our services; and
- Respect: we commit to working with all people fairly and openly, ensuring that differences are valued and that all people are treated with respect.
Our main objective is to help more people in Aberdeen become more active more often though sport and physical activity opportunities.
To support and achieve the vision of Sport Aberdeen, it has established 7 Strategic Objectives, 5 of which directly link to the City’s Sport and Physical Activity Strategy, Fit for the Future. Our strategic objectives are as follows:
- Participation: To promote and increase opportunities for participation in sport and physical activity for everyone in Aberdeen, focusing on assisting the least active to become more active resulting in an increase in participation of 1%;
- Places: To modernise Sport Aberdeen’s facility stock as part of an overall planned investment strategy supporting the City’s sporting ambitions;
- Partnerships: To build external relationships and work in partnership across all sectors focusing on improving health and wellbeing outcomes for the people of Aberdeen;
- People: To be recognised as the Employer of Choice for those seeking a career in sport and physical activity in Aberdeen; and
- Processes: To implement robust processes across the company delivering quality, excellence, efficiency and effectiveness in our capacity as a charitable organisation.
Under each of these strategic objectives are detailed actions which will be undertaken during the next 3 years to support the achievement of the above. Progress is regularly reviewed and reported to the Board and to our main funding partner, Aberdeen City Council.
Sport Aberdeen is a Charitable Trust, registered with the Scottish Charity Regulator (SC040973). Sport Aberdeen is managed in accordance with the requirements of both company and charity law.
Company No. SC350981
Our registered office is Sport Aberdeen, 16 Carden Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1FX.
Sport Aberdeen’s activities are regulated by both Companies House and OSCR (Office of Scottish Charity Regulator). Further information and audit returns can be found at www.oscr.org.uk and www.companieshouse.gov.uk.
Sport Aberdeen’s main funding partner, Aberdeen City Council, also audits its performance. Further information on Aberdeen City Council can be found at www.aberdeencity.gov.uk
Download our Memorandum and Articles of Assocation of Sport Aberdeen.
We would like to thank all of our supporters for their time, donations, efforts, advice and encouragement - it is greatly appreciated.