Aquatics Aberdeen is Sport Aberdeen’s Learn to Swim Programme.
Aquatics Aberdeen is committed to providing swimming tuition for all ages from birth to adults in Aberdeen's citywide Learn to Swim Scheme.
The swim scheme's major aim is to teach children and adults to swim safely and provide them with the opportunity to participate in an enjoyable activity which can be pursued at all levels and throughout one's life.
The programme follows the new Scottish Swimming Framework which enables your child to:
- Work through exciting and progressive stages
- Receive Scottish Swimming Awards Scheme Certificates
- Take part in swimming lessons recognised by the Scottish National Body for swimming
- Continue to develop the confidence that learning to swim can bring
The Aquatics Aberdeen programme has been awarded swiMark which is Scottish Swimming's quality aquatic development programme for learn to swim programmes and clubs. The aim of swiMark is to provide a nationally recognised standard that will enable programmes to:
- Develop safe, effective and child friendly environments, based on good practice
- Improve swimmers, teachers, coaches and volunteers
- Encourage lifelong participation through sustainable swimming development pathways
Aquatics Aberdeen currently runs lessons at the following pools:
- Beach Leisure Centre
- Bridge of Don Swimming Pool
- Bucksburn Swimming Pool
- Cults Sports Complex
- Dyce Primary Swimming Pool
- Dyce Academy Swimming Pool
- Aberdeen Grammar Pool
- Hazlewood Pool
- Northfield Swimming Pool
- Tullos Swimming Pool
New National Framework