Sport Aberdeen deliver clubCAP a quality assurance scheme providing a development tool for sports clubs which enables them to demonstrate good practice in how they operate.
Look out for the clubCAP logo on club websites
The clubCAP scheme has two accreditation levels:
The four areas where evidence is required to achieve either the standard or enhanced level are:
- Club Management
- Equity and Ethics
- Coaching Programme
- Duty of Care and Child Protection
The Club, Coach and Volunteer Development Officer at Sport Aberdeen is available to assist Aberdeen based clubs through the scheme.
As well as the opportunity for clubs to benefit because of improvements to the club as a result of the scheme, there are also a number of other benefits dependent upon the level achieved within the scheme.
A survey of clubs who have undertaken clubCAP showed that the majority of clubs agreed that their club is in a stronger position having gone through clubCAP Accreditation.
NGB Accreditation Schemes
A number of Scottish and British governing bodies of sport operate their own club accreditation schemes. If your club is considering club accreditation you should in the first instance contact your governing body to find out if they have their own scheme. These awards are sports specific and can be transferred across to the appropriate clubCAP award without too much additional work by the club.
For a full list of national governing bodies please click here.
clubCAP accredited clubs:
- Aberdeen Wanderers Rugby Football Club
- Aberdeen Bon Accord MBC Hockey Club
- Arrows Trampoline Club
- Beacon Volleyball Club
- Bucksburn Netball Club
- Byron Sports Club
- Aberdeen Schools Rowing Association
- Jesus House Aberdeen Football Club
- Aberdeen Boxing Club
- Granite City Boxing Club
- St Mary's Boxing Club
- Byron Boxing Club
- Kingswells Boxing Club
- Grampian Disability Sport
- Aberdeen Kayak Club
- Aberdeen Synchronized Skating Club
- Aberdeen Amateur Athletics Club
- Aberdeen FC Ladies
- Aberdeen Lacrosse Club
- Cove Youth Football Club
- Glentanar Community Football
- Granite City Wanderers Hockey Club
- UK Sooyang Do Association
- Beacon Boys Gymnastics Club
- Stoneywood-Dyce Cricket Club
- Dyce Boys Football Club
- City of Aberdeen Gymastics Club
- Aberdeen Amateur Swimming Club
- Silver City Blues Swimming Club