The Union Street Mile 2017 will take place on Saturday 26th August as a forerunner to the Celebrate Aberdeen Parade.
Join us before the parade on Saturday the 26th of August to watch or take part in the mile dash down Aberdeen’s most famous street.
The race is free to enter with only stipulation being that entrants must be able complete the mile - which starts at the Music Hall heading up Union Street towards Holburn Street Junction then turning back down and finishing at Castlegate - in less than 7 minutes for men and 8 minutes for women and children.
- 10:30 - P6 / P7 One Mile Race
- 10:40 - S1 - S4 One Mile Race (results will be split in to S1/S2 and S3/S4)
- 10:50 - Senior One Mile Race
Race spaces are available on a first come first served basis and will open in July 2017.
- Entry to the races is completely FREE of charge.
- Entrants for the senior race must be aged 16 years o over on the day of the race.
- All children taking part need to enter the age they will be on the 26th of August.
- All children taking part must achieve the mile in under 8 minutes.
- Senior males must have achieved sub 7 minute over 1500 metres within the last 2 years
- Senior females must have achieved sub 8 minute over 1500 metres within the last 2 years
- Places are limited in all races.
- Your participation in the race will be confirmed by e-mail, along with further race day details.
- All primary and secondary runners will be required to be collected at the finish line immediately at the end of the race.
For further information about the race or to be added to our mailing list please contact email@example.com