Stand Up Paddleboarding @ Rubislaw Quarry
Explore Aberdeen’s most unique water sports venue under the guidance of our trained instructors who will introduce you to this fun sport, suitable for all skill levels.
Adventure Aberdeen is delighted to offer an introduction to stand up paddleboarding (SUP) sessions for groups of up to 8 people aged 12 and over. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
|Introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding||£20.00 per person|
Alternatively, please call us on 01224 270990.
Activity access restrictions
Please note before booking that there is no wheelchair access to Rubislaw Quarry. Unfortunately, due to access restrictions, we are unable to welcome customers who are unable to tackle steep slopes or rough terrain for the time being. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and we are working on developing our access route.
Activity meeting point
The access gate is across the road from 177 Queen’s Road and the instructor will meet you by the wooden steps. Parking is on Queen’s Road or opposite on Rubislaw Park Road. Please be considerate to local residents when parking.
Important – Please Read Before Booking
Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) is the fastest growing paddle sport in the world which uses large, stable boards that will float you over the water while you use a paddle to propel yourself on your way. This is a brilliant way to experience what we have to offer on our very doorstep and it’s a great way to squeeze in a fully body workout too!
Even if you have already tried stand up paddle boarding please feel free to book a session to explore this hidden gem in the heart of Aberdeen.
What you will learn:
- How to set up and use the equipment
- The fundamentals of paddling on flat water
- How to stand and balance on the board
- How to paddle efficiently and turn the board
Each session is 1hr 30 mins in duration which includes time to get changed in and out of your wetsuit.
We provide all equipment including:
- The board and paddle
- Wetsuit and wetsuit boots (please bring your own if you have them)
- Buoyancy aid
Please bring with you:
- Come with your swimming costume/shorts under your clothes so you can get changed outside.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there is no inside changing area so please come prepared to get changed outside. Changing ponchos can be provided.
- Warm clothes for after your activity
- You may want to wear a hat but there is a high chance it will get wet
- Please bring any medications you require i.e. inhaler
- You may wish to bring a drink with you
(Click to enlare)