All Day Tennis & Multi-Sport Camps
Our popular all-day holiday camps are back! Taking full advantage of our park location at Aberdeen Tennis Centre, our tennis and multisport camps deliver a mixture of on court tennis coaching and sports games in the park.
Our team of LTA qualified coaches teach basic fundamental tennis skills through game based methods, building to a final competition at the end of the week. A typical camp day includes a morning and afternoon tennis session as well as multisports such as athletics, football, cricket, handball, and much more. We have access to both indoor and outdoor facilities as well as the play park during supervised lunch times. View our camp FAQs at the bottom of the page for more information.
- Who are the camps for? Any child keen to get active, aged between 5-12 years. We split the camps into two sub-groups based on age: 5-8 years and 9-12 years.
- Times: Our core hours are from 09:00 – 16:00. Extended hour sessions are also available from 08:00 – 17:00 for an additional £5 per day or £20 per week.
- Dates: You can book into the whole week or just select the days that suit you. This summer, camps will be running during weeks 4 – 7 of the Aberdeen City school holidays.
- Week 4: 19 – 23 July
- Week 5: 26 – 30 July
- Week 6: 2 – 6 August
- Week 7: 9 – 13 August
- Cost: £150 for the full week or £37.50 per day (plus booking fee). Extended hour sessions are also available for an additional £5 per day or £20 per week.
- A packed lunch (plus snacks), please inform us of any allergies.
- A drinks bottle (water refills are available on site)
- Wear appropriate clothing & footwear for sport
- It is a good idea to pack spare clothing & footwear
- A tennis racket (if you have one – otherwise you can use ours)
- Sun screen (child must apply themselves).
If the weather allows we take full advantage of our location and will utilise the outdoor tennis courts, grass areas for multi sports and the play park at lunchtimes. All camp players are registered in and out of the building by our coaches and park areas are checked in advance by staff.
- Please come into Aberdeen Tennis Centre reception area where a member of our Camp staff will greet you.
- Make sure you complete the ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Out’ register each day. Whilst you do this, your child can drop their bag off and join in the games straight away. Another coach will be with the children.
- If you will be dropping off or collecting your child out with these time slots, please report to reception and inform a member of staff. They will contact the camp coaches and organise.
- Before camp – If your child is sick from a virus within 24hrs of the camp, we kindly ask that they do not attend camp that day. This is to minimise the risk of spreading the infection.
- During camp – If your child becomes ill during the camp, we will contact you using the details on the camp registration form. Staff will discuss the best solution with you and action.
- On day 1 of each camp, all participants and coaches contribute in a group exercise to produce a Camp Code. This works very well and sets out a safe, fair, fun environment for all.
- If any unacceptable behavioural is picked up, then we operate a 3-strike system:
- Verbal warning to the player
- Verbal warning + player time out (parent/carer informed at the end of the day)
- Phone call to parent/carer and discuss appropriate action (this is extremely rare!)
- Camps are generally split into two groups (by age)
- A camp day includes group games, tennis coaching & competition, multi sports and a visit to the park (lunch time) as well as break time activities.
- Some of our multi sports: Football, Athletics, Hockey, Basketball, Ball Games, and much more!