Summer In The City : P5/6 Intensive Swim Camp at Tullos Primary School
July 11, 2022
Tullos Primary School
A week long fun filled camp where children will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports and fun activities. The children are split into two groups and the camp will be inclusive of 45 minute intensive swimming lesson at Tullos Swimming Pool each day. For the remainder of the day the children will return to Tullos Primary School and get a taste of athletics, basketball, netball, football, rugby, dodgeball, tennis, volleyball and much more. We also like to end our week with some friendly, spirited competitions on a Friday. During the camp, our trained staff will support children to engage and learn new skills.
Holiday Camp FAQ’s
- A drinks bottle (water refills are available on site)
- A packed lunch will be provided, please email email@example.com if your child has any allergens or dietary requirements
- Wear appropriate clothing & footwear for sport
- Sun cream
- It is a good idea to pack spare clothing & footwear.
- Any medical equipment like an inhaler.
- If you require swimming kit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off is at 09:00 & collection is at 16:00 each day
- Please come into Venue reception area where a member of our camp staff will greet you.
- Make sure you complete the ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Out’ register each day. Whilst you do this, your child can drop their bag off and join in the games straight away or get involved in colouring games and activities, whilst we wait on others to arrive. Another coach will be with the children.
- If you will be dropping off or collecting your child out with these time slots, please report to reception and inform a member of staff. They will contact the camp coaches and organise.
- Before camp – If your child is sick from a virus within 24hrs of the camp, we kindly ask that they do not attend camp that day. This is to minimise the risk of spreading the infection.
- During camp – If your child becomes ill during the camp, we will contact you using the details on the camp registration form. Staff will discuss the best solution with you and action.
- On day 1 of each camp, all participants and coaches contribute in a group exercise to produce a Camp Code. This works very well and sets out a safe, fair, fun environment for all.
- If any unacceptable behavioural is picked up, then we operate a 3-strike system:
- Verbal warning to the player
- Verbal warning + player time out (parent/carer informed at the end of the day)
- Phone call to parent/carer and discuss appropriate action (this is extremely rare!)
- A member of centre staff will administer First Aid
- If the child is able enough to join back in with the group, they may do so.
- You will be informed at the end of the day and given a slip to keep and sign off.
- If the injury is more serious, such as a head knock, then parents/emergency contacts will be phoned immediately.
For any questions please email Summerofplay@sportaberdeen.co.uk