MacKenzie Championship Golf Course
Named after its celebrated designer Dr Alister MacKenzie, the creator of Augusta National and Cypress Point, the MacKenzie Course is the only public championship course in the North East of Scotland.
Course Open - Temporary Greens - Please take care, very wet underfoot - Read more
Lockdown Update - Read more
Golf is permitted under lockdown restrictions, however please be aware that a maximum of two people from two households may be represented in any group and you should not travel further than 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area to play golf. More information can be found on our Covid-19 webpage and the current golf protocol can be found here.
Winter turf protection measures - Read more
- From Monday 7th December 2020 all golfers will be required to play off mats when playing Hazlehead courses during the winter period.
- The ball can be played as required when 20 yards from the putting surface.
- Please show the starter your personal mat on arrival, otherwise mats are available from the starters box to purchase for £3.00 each.
- Must lift their ball and place at the side of the fairway (white lined). This will not apply if you are using a mat.
- The ball can be played as required when 20 yards from the putting surface. This will also remain in place throughout the winter period.
Described as an “unforgiving test that rewards the brave”, the par 70 (6,209 yards) course demands that players become immersed in the challenge.
Named after its celebrated designer Dr Alister MacKenzie, the creator of Augusta National and Cypress Point, the MacKenzie Course is the only public championship course in the North East of Scotland. Situated at our Hazlehead venue, running alongside the Hazlehead 9-hole and the Hazlehead Pines courses, the MacKenzie Course was laid out in the 1920s, and the course parkland still retains the architect’s basic design.
“The course was in great shape, the greenest and driest I’ve ever seen it! Huge credit to Golf Aberdeen. I’ve got a few weeks left at home before the European Tour starts up again and having Hazlehead on my doorstep will really help get my game sharp for the restart.”David Law, European Tour Golfer
Whether you wish to pay as you play or purchase a season membership, we have a number of flexible options available. You can also take advantage of our great value Get Active 5 membership package which includes access to all our golf courses. You can book online or if you’re looking for something a bit different or a group day out, just contact us and we’ll tailor something to suit.
For more information on everything Golf Aberdeen has to offer, please visit our golf activity page.
Take a moment to view the hole-by-hole flyover of the stunning MacKenzie Championship Golf Course for yourself!