Snowsports Camps FAQ’s
Frequently asked questions
No prior experience is required but if you already ski or snowboard we aim to progress your learning at your ability level.
|Beginner slope||Designed for complete beginners or those who have tried a few times. Learn the basics. Ski – x 2 snowplough turns.|
Snowboard – basic J & C turns.
|Alpine slope||Designed for those who have just completed a beginner lesson or those who have spent up to 1 week learning on snow. Ski – linked snowplough turns through to elementary plough parallel turns. Snowboard – linked turns on heel and toe edges.|
|Alpine slope||Designed for those who have completed the intermediate lessons or those who can ski but want to improve turns & technique.|
Learn to: Ski – linked plough parallel turns through to elementary parallel turns; Snowboard – improve turns & technique & learn basic tricks.
|Camp name||Age Range||Duration||Cost (Week)|
|Ski Camp||Ages 6-15 years||3 hours||£80|
|Snowboard Camp||Ages 6-15 years||3 hours||£80|
|Ski Tots||Ages 4-5 years||2.5 hours||£60|
|Varied Camps||Ages 6-15 years||3 hours||£80|
- All our camps run from Monday – Friday
- The time of these camps vary. Please check the holiday camps web page for more details.
- A pack a lunch (plus snacks), please inform us of any allergies
- A drinks bottle (water refills are available on site)
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for sporting activities, gloves, long socks, long sleeves and waterproofs or change of clothing required for snowsports
- It is a good idea to pack spare clothing & footwear if possible
- Sunscreen (child must apply themselves) for external activities on a sunny day
- Any medication required with instructions as to how this is administered
- We ask the child is NOT given any money to buy items and valuables are left at home
- Yes. We will go outside in all weathers and we will take full advantage of our location and will utilise the outdoor areas we have available. All campers are registered in and out of the building by our coaches and park areas are checked in advance by staff. With extended periods of bad weather, we will ensure everyone gets the opportunity to dry off and warm up.
- Please come into the venue and report to the reception area where a member of our staff will direct you to the camp meeting area
- Make sure to complete the ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Out’ register each day. Whilst you do this, your child can drop their bag off and join the games straight away. Another coach will be with the children.
- If you will be dropping off / collecting your child out with these time slots, please arrive at the reception and inform a member of staff. They will contact the camp coaches and organise. If the children are off site you may need to collect them from the activity site. Alternatively, let us know prior to booking.
- During camp – If your child becomes ill during the camp, we will contact you using the details on the camp registration form. Staff will discuss the best solution with you and action.
- Before camp – If your child is sick from a virus within 24hrs of the camp, we kindly ask that they do not attend camp that day. This is to minimise the risk of spreading any viral or flu symptoms to other kids or staff.
- Day 1 of the camp, all participants and coaches contribute together in a group exercise to produce a Camp Code. This works very well and sets out a safe, fair, fun environment for all.
- If any unacceptable behavioural is picked up, then we operate a 3-strike system:
1) Verbal warning to the player
2) Verbal warning + player time out (parent/carer informed at the end of the day)
3) A phone call to the parent to discuss appropriate action (this is extremely rare!)