Sport Aberdeen Alphabet Workout – A is for “Air Squats”
Day one of the Sport Aberdeen Alphabet Workout will focus on Air Squats. If you’ve never done one of these before, we’ve broken it down for you:
- Stand Tall – Stand with feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, hips stacked over knees and knees over ankles
- Arms out in front – Extend arms out straight in front of you, parallel to the floor.
- Hinge at the Hips – Initiate the movement by inhaling and unlocking your hips, bringing them back slightly. Keep sending hips backward as knees bend.
- Keep your chest up – While your butt starts to stick out, make sure chest and shoulders stay upright and back stays straight. Keep your head facing forward with eyes straight ahead for a neutral spine.
- Squat Deep – The best squats are the deepest ones your mobility allows. Optimal squat depth would be your hips sinking below your knees (if you have the flexibility to do so).
- Explode upwards – Engage your core and tuck your ribs under. With bodyweight in heels, explode back up to standing, driving through heels. Imagine your feet are spreading the floor (left foot to the left, right foot to the right) without moving them.
- & Repeat
Check back tomorrow for the next part of the Alphabet Workout.