Sport Aberdeen Alphabet Workout – B is for “Burpees”
Day two of the Sport Aberdeen Alphabet Workout will cover burpees. Here’s a step-by-step on how to do the perfect burpee:
- Start Position – Bend over or squat down and place your hands on the floor in front of you, just outside of your feet.
- Jump both feet back so that you’re now in plank
- Drop to a push-up—your chest should touch the floor. You can also drop to your knees here, which makes the impending push-up easier.
- Push up to return to plank position (this can be a strict push-up, a push-up from the knees, or not a push-up at all (i.e., just push yourself up from the ground as you would if you weren’t working out)—your choice).
- Jump the feet back in toward the hands.
- Explosively jump into the air, reaching your arms straight overhead and clapping
- & repeat.
Check back again tomorrow for day three of the workout!