Get active Multi-Sport Camps
Held at Get active @ Beach Leisure Centre, Get active @ Beacon and Get active @ Cults these multi-sport camps are loads of fun for children aged 5-12!
During these week-long and single day camps children will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports and fun activities. The children are split into age groups and will get a taste of athletics, basketball, netball, football, rugby, dodgeball, tennis, volleyball and much more. We like to end our week with some friendly, spirited competitions on a Friday. During the camp our trained staff will support your child to engage and learn new skills. Please see our camp FAQs at the bottom of the page for more information.
- Who are the camps for? Any child keen to get active, aged between 5-12 years.
- Times: Our core hours are from 09:00 – 16:00. Extended hour sessions are also available from 08:00 – 17:00 for an additional £5 per day or £20 per week.
- Dates: Camps will run Monday – Friday during both weeks of the Aberdeen City school holidays. You can also book single day camps to suit your child’s availability.
|Week 1||11 October||15 October|
|Week 2||18 October||22 October|
- Cost: £110 for the full week (plus booking fee). Extended hour sessions are also available for an additional £20 per week.
Please click here for booking terms and conditions.
- A packed lunch (plus snacks) – please inform us of any allergies.
- A drinks bottle (water refills are available on site)
- Wear appropriate clothing & footwear for sport
- It is a good idea to pack spare clothing & footwear.
- Any medical equipment like an inhaler.
- Please come into Venue reception area where a member of our camp staff will greet you.
- Make sure you complete the ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Out’ register each day. Whilst you do this, your child can drop their bag off and join in the games straight away or get involved in colouring games and activities, whilst we wait on others to arrive. Another coach will be with the children.
- If you will be dropping off or collecting your child out with these time slots, please report to reception and inform a member of staff. They will contact the camp coaches and organise.
- Before camp – If your child is sick from a virus within 24hrs of the camp, we kindly ask that they do not attend camp that day. This is to minimise the risk of spreading the infection.
- During camp – If your child becomes ill during the camp, we will contact you using the details on the camp registration form. Staff will discuss the best solution with you and action.
- On day 1 of each camp, all participants and coaches contribute in a group exercise to produce a Camp Code. This works very well and sets out a safe, fair, fun environment for all.
- If any unacceptable behavioural is picked up, then we operate a 3-strike system:
- Verbal warning to the player
- Verbal warning + player time out (parent/carer informed at the end of the day)
- Phone call to parent/carer and discuss appropriate action (this is extremely rare!)
- A member of centre staff will administer First Aid
- If the child is able enough to join back in with the group, they may do so.
- You will be informed at the end of the day and given a slip to keep and sign off.
- If the injury is more serious, such as a head knock, then parents/emergency contacts will be phoned immediately.
- Camps are generally split into two groups (by age)
- A camp day includes group games, sports coaching & competition, multi sports as well as break time activities.
- Some of our multi sports: Football, Tennis, Athletics, Hockey, Basketball, Ball Games, and much more!